Re: [ecf-dev] IServiceListener API break

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd rather not go down this route of adding an IServiceListener2
interface. This concept has pretty much failed for platform, why would
it work any better for us?

I would certainly not qualify it as a failure. IMO it is the only way possible if you don't want to break clients. If you mean it failed for platform because they now have
Interface1 to Interface20 then I agree. However, not breaking API is a plus for consumers.

In the meantime, can you say why consumers can't simply implement the
IServiceListener similar to:

<snip>

Ah, why didn't I think of that. Thanks.

Here is an interesting  (at least I think) view on API breakage in Eclipse [1].

Cheers,

Wim

Back to the top