[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] Gsoc Project (Tooling Support for OSGI Remote Services) - final functionality
- From: sakith indula <gmsakith@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:12:52 +0530
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
According to the Google Summer of code time line this program suppose to end by this week so i suggested to just finish up with documentation and last minor fixes the rest of the time.
I am very pleased to announce that we manage to implement 4 descent templates for the user to understand the process of creating the remote services and register them with different service providers.
to give you a quick overview, now its possible to
- create remote service using Time service sample project via low level api
- register that remote service using ecf generic service provider or R_osgi provider
- consume that service with service consumer
- configure different service properties of each service provider(generic and r_osgi) as a wish of the user.
- define and consume remote service via declarative services using same sample project (time service project)
The code is currently on my private github page.
also still its possible to add more templates for this project. and possible next steps of this project would be adding more templates(possibly a raspberry pie template) and start working on the end point descriptor. this steps would be started right after the end of the Google summer of code program.
As I will still continue to work on this project after Google Summer of Code feel free to voice feedback and wishes or ideas here.
Depatrment of Computing and Information Systems,
Sabaragamuwa University Of Sri Lanka.