|Re: [ecf-dev] Raspberry Pi remote services?|
Ok...coming to consensus about a raspberry pi service...great.
What I suggest we do is the following:
1) We each take a look at the pi4j API and see if we can come up with a single (or few) service types that abstract the relevant part of the pi4j functionality (e.g. address and i/o the pins).
2) I and whomever else wishes to help out declares the service types (java interfaces and any supporting classes) in one new API bundle
3) With 2, Sakith begins creating a PDE template for the remote service host/consumer
4) In parallel to 3, I and whomever else wishes to help out creates the host implementation...probably using pi4j as internal lib for the host impl
5) A simple consumer (sync and async) is created...for the template and end-to-end testing, at least
What I suggest is that the host be just another OSGi bundle with minimal dependencies, so that it can be run on Wim's server, or a minimal server (like the existing raspberry pi remote service tutorial), or anyone's server...
On 6/28/2014 12:39 PM, Wim Jongman wrote: