Re: [ecf-dev] Fwd: Skype Provider Info

Hi Luis,

Several years ago ECF did have a Skype provider, but since that time Skype was purchased by Microsoft and many changes were made to the Skype API.  Unfortunately, we haven't been able to continue maintaining the provider, as I'm not even sure now that the current Skype versions would even allow the creation of a Skype provider that is written in java and implemented as an OSGi plugin for Eclipse.   Sorry about that.

If you are new to Eclipse plugin development, you might want to consult some of the online tutorials, e.g.:

http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePlugIn/article.html

and/or just google for 'Eclipse plugin development'

Thanks,

Scott