Re: [ecf-dev] OSGI Remote Services And Whiteboard Pattern

On 5/8/2014 8:20 AM, Muammer Eroğlu wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thanks again for this informative answer. I'd be very glad if you can direct me to the available resources that I should examine in order to learn how to use the pub/sub mechanism of ECF. I read about the distributed event admin, should I check out its implementation?

Yes, that would be a good place to start. The implementation is in:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/server-side/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.eventadmin

I am now planning to develop some test projects for my application, implementing a distributed OSGI RS, and a pub/sub method. Then I will compare both of the solutions, perhaps merge if possible.

Please keep us informed. There is much already present in ECF WRT pub/sub...as well as OSGi RS (of course). As well...there is probably room for cooperative contribution...especially since I expect that I personally will be working in this area over the next six months on the OSGi EEG.

Scott

Back to the top