[ecf-dev] OSGI Remote Services And Whiteboard Pattern

Hello,

I've just registered to the this mailing list, and I would like to ask something about a crucial problem I faced using ECF. I hope it won't be an out of place question.

I have a desktop application built on top of OSGI bundles and does internal communication with local OSGI services. I'd like to migrate this to a server-client architecture, by putting some of the bundles to the server side, some others to the client side. After doing some research, using ECF and OSGI Remote Services looked like the ideal path, with minimal modification to the original code.

In my application, I'm using the whiteboard pattern for two way communication between bundles. That is, both the service and listener are registered to the service registry. In order to apply this idea to the OSGI Remote Services, which mechanism should I use, and how? As a second thought, is it not a good idea to use whiteboard pattern for Remote Services, and should I revert back to good-old bean type listeners?

I'm using zeroconf and ECF generic providers for now.

Thanks in advance,
Muammer

Back to the top