[ecf-dev] Hudson/Buckminster and product-based builds

Hi Folks,

Wim Jongman is soon going to be contributing an ECF-based nntp provider, along with a full RCP Newsreader application. It's likely that we are going to be building the RCP application based upon an Eclipse product configuration (.product file)...that will have either a list of plugins or a list of features, along with other metadata (e.g. operating system target(s), etc).

This will be the first instance of ECF's build system creating full RCP application from a product configuration, but probably not the last, as with this capability we not only can/could build TweetHub and/or other ECF-based RCP apps, but we could also create Equinox+ECF server instances using product configurations (for example, the OSGi remote services examples have product configurations defined for the right now...i.e. see products directory in the hello examples:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF%27s_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation

So being able to build from product configuration files will be a very useful thing for our builder, both now (Newsreader app), and in the future (Equinox servers...both examples and others).

First, I should ask: Is there new Buckminster documentation on supporting product-configuration-based builds? Several months ago I recall some interaction about it, but I thought I would re-ask that question as things may have changed recently with new Buckminster releases.

I'm sure Markus and/or others will have issues and/or questions to bring up associated with this thread.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top