[ecf-dev] Naming conventions / API guidelines

It seems the Eclipse naming conventions have changed a bit recently?

I seem to remember (maybe wrongly?) that *.provisional.* was used in
package names for provisional API, but this doesn't seem to be the
case any more when reading the wiki entry
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Provisional_API_Guidelines .
Now there seems to be a new convention of using
*.internal.provisional.* for "experimental" code that is intended to
become public at some point.

I wonder what I should use for the core BBAPI that should eventually
become public? Maybe it should be "internal.provisional" in 1.0 and
become public in a later release?

Back to the top