[ecf-dev] exception on connect(chatroomId, null)

Hi,

I'm trying out the xmpp provider. I get an exception when I try to
connect to a chatroom and I don't know why and the exception message is
not very helpful.

In org.eclipse.ecf.provider.xmpp.container.XMPPGroupChatSOContainer:

} catch (Exception e) {
    cleanUpConnectFail();
    ContainerConnectException ce = new ContainerConnectException(
        "Exception joining " + roomID);
    ce.setStackTrace(e.getStackTrace());
    throw ce;
}

When I try chatroom.connect(roomId, null) I get an exception that is
caught and rethrown in the code above.

I propose to add the exception e as an argument to the constructor of
ContainerConnectExpression. That way the exception will reach the
developer. Now you have no clue which of those 140 lines inside the
try block throws the exception.

Tim

Back to the top