[ecf-dev] [Fwd: We're sorry, we can't complete the call as clicked. Please check the IM handle and try again.]

*Folks,

See article below on IM/VOIP/search integration from Pete Mackie.

Also note from EclipseCon...we now have access to a Skype implementation (for use in implementing/continuing design of the ECF Call API) via the Voice Tools Project. Committers ee CVS dev.eclipse.org:/home/technology/org.eclipse.vtp/simdebug/plugins/org.eclipse.vtp.dialer.skype. We need to coordinate further on integration of this, SIP 2.0, and Jingle.

Scott

We're sorry, we can't complete the call as clicked. Please check the IM handle and try again.

*Voice over IP is a feature, not a product. That's what we're seeing borne out again and again as the Web's major players rush to add it to their instant messaging programs. Yahoo is the latest, making good on a promise it made three months ago to roll out a new messenger product with full inbound and outbound VoIP capabilities <http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/14168051.htm>. That means that, like Skype <http://skype.com/> and Gizmo <http://www.gizmoproject.com/>, users will be able to make calls to traditional land-line phones and cellphones and receive calls from them as well. "We look at our voice offerings as a platform," said Yahoo spokeswoman Terrell Karlsten. "As we look down the road, we see a real opportunity to integrate our voice platform into other leading Yahoo services such as search and other communications programs. That is certainly our mission."

Back to the top