Re: [ecf-dev] ECF v0.5.0

Hi All,

Following on from a recent posting of Sun's JSE and its collaborative features, you might want to take a quick look at the recently released 2006 version of Borland's JBuilder (http://www.borland.com/us/products/jbuilder).

JBuilder supports real-time code editing between pairs of users, but the downside is that token-passing is used as the floor control policy (so only one person can make an edit at a time).

Has anyone started working on collaborative editors within ECF as of yet? If so, have any design stipulations been made, such as the supported number of concurrent editors, etc?

I'm working on some documentation right now that discusses requirements for collaborative software engineering tools... it will be ready in a week or two.  At which point, I am happy to share it as a discussion document on what sorts of software engineering tools the ECF might be able to support.  Please just let me know if you are interested!

Keep up the great work, and when I finally finish this phd of mine I will be very keen to start writing some tools, etc.

Thanks,
~Carl.

Back to the top