Re: [ecf-dev] JMS Provider Connection Issues (ECF Plugin)?

Hi Hong,

Attached to this mail is the project set file for anonymous cvs access to the JMS ECF plugin.
Here's the information for anonymous cvs access:

protocol:  pserver
host: ecf1.osuosl.org
module:  /ecf/plugins
project name:  org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms

Note that this plugin is *not* distributed yet as part of ECF, and should *not* be considered under the EPL. As a result it should *not* be considered part of the ECF project proper.

I don't immediately understand why you are having the hanging problem with the plugin code. Note the code in org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms.channel.Channel.setup() is:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory factory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
                   username, password, url);
           connection = factory.createConnection();

which seems to work within the ECF JMS provider plugin just fine.

Please let us know if you are having any more issues that we can/could address.

Thanks,

Scott

hongw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Steve

I was hoping you could send to me the link for the JMS ECF Plug in please?

I am having issues developing a plug in to connect to a JMS provider as detailed below.

I am doing some plugin development and I am looking to connect to a JMS provider.

The ones I have been using are openJMS and ActiveMQ.

When I prototype connection code for both these using an Eclipse Java Scrapbook page and can connect to the JMS provider no problems.

But I seem to be hitting issues when I run the same code from within a plugin.

For use w/ ActiveMQ, I have used the following lines of code:

org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory activeMQConnectionFactory = new org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, pwd, url);
connection = activeMQConnectionFactory.createConnection();
if (durable && clientID != null) connection.setClientID(clientID);
connection.start();

W/in the Scrapbook page this runs w/ no problems.

When running in a plugin the execution seems to hang on the following line of code: org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory activeMQConnectionFactory = new org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, pwd, url);

Worse still, I cannot see any error traces anywhere, including my Workspace log file /.metadata/.log

The code is being run in a separate thread.

Any indication of what might be wrong or where I can go to get more logging information would be much appreciated.

I am using Eclipse verision 3.1.1.

Thanks, Hong...