[ecf-dev] org.eclipse.ecf.provider

Hi Folks,

I wanted to let people know that:

1) I'm in the process of modifying/enhancing the 'RCPChat' RCP application created by Ed Burnette of eclipsezone. He wants to have an RCP version of ECF (XMPP provider services only), and has created a simple version of that app...I'm a) removing the collab plugin from this app; b) Making a simplified 'Connect' dialog w/o all the support for multiple providers

2) The org.eclipse.ecf.provider plugin previously declared two extensions of the ECF containerFactory extension point: the generic client and generic server. Since some ECF providers depend upon the classes in org.eclipse.ecf.provider, but not on the actual generic client/server (e.g. XMPP) the inclusion of these extensions in the org.eclipse.ecf.provider plugin.xml is inappropriate. That plugin (org.eclipse.ecf.provider) *shouldn't* declare the extensions...a poor choice on my part. So, I've removed the declarations from org.eclipse.ecf.provider/plugin.xml and placed them in org.eclipse.ecf.example.collab...where they are actually needed for running the ECF collab application.

Scott

Back to the top