Re: [ease-dev] forking and joining scripts

Am Freitag, den 10.01.2020, 11:58 -0500 schrieb Geneviève Bastien:
> To wait for the callee to terminate, I should use the 'join' method,
> but
> it takes an IScriptEngine object and it's not available from using
> the
> fork method. Or am I mistaken? How can I fork and join a script from
> script with a different engine?

fork returns a ScriptResult object. It supports wait... methods to wait
until the result (= termination return value of the forked engine) is
ready. In principle a Future would have been nicer here but future only
allows to report a single value. We do have a result or an Exception
and need to distinguish.

cheers
Christian

Back to the top