Re: [ease-dev] Regarding EASE scripting example contribution

Dear sir,
Thank you so much sir I'll try this way.

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm SCHREIBER.Martin, <Martin.SCHREIBER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

you are not allowed to create branches on the (remote) eclipse git repository – and it is also not needed for regular contribution.

The URL you used to fetch/push is the one from the Git/Gerrit Admin UI, the actual clone URL of EASE is https://git.eclipse.org/r/ease/org.eclipse.ease.scripts

I would recommend to use the Eclipse-Installer to install the Development Environment. With that you get an up and running Eclipse Installation, the repository will be cloned and configured as required and all other settings like code formatting etc are set correctly.

Steps for using Eclipse Installer (Oomph):

  1. Download Eclipse Installer from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Installer
  2. Start the Eclipse-Installer
  3. Switch to the “Advanced Mode” (Menu in the right upper corner of the Eclipse-Installer Start Screen)
  4. Eclipse Installer switches to the Advanced Mode where you can select a Product. Choose “Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers”
  5. On the 2nd Page (“Projects”-Page) you see all the Eclipse Projects that are supporting Eclipse-Installations. Select “EASE” from that list.
  6. Use the default values for all the other stuff and press “Finished”.

Now an Eclipse will be installed and the EASE repository will be cloned at the first startup, all EASE Projects will be imported and all the required settings will be applied.

Now you should be able to create a new local branch, work on it and once you are finished and press “Commit and Push..”, make sure (as Christian mentioned) that in the opened dialog “refs/for/master” is the Gerrit Branch you are pushing to.

Hth

Martin