Re: [ease-dev] Introduction

Hi,

thanks for your interest in this topic. I guess the first steps would be to get acquainted with the current system. Try to write some simple scripts, then register a script location in the preferences. On the ease project page we have several youtube videos linked which show the basic principle.

Once you have played around a little, try to locate the source code that parses available script locations. Single step through the resolver and try to understand its logic. The main goal then is to write a custom resolver that can fetch data from a github repo directly using its web API. Similar counts for gerrit/git from eclipse servers (I guess they use cgit or similar to allow repository browsing on the web). For resolving svn:// style locations you would need some support from the eclipse svn team provider (typically subversive). There exists a basic SVN module for EASE which you can use to browse some basic SVN code.

If you feel confident that you can solve the tasks, come up with a GSoC proposal. In case you have questions on the logic of some methods/classes, come back to this list and I try to answer them.

Christian