[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cross-project-issues-dev] Excessive disk usage of HIPPs
- From: Frederic Gurr <frederic.gurr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:26:20 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.0
The following HIPP instances use a lot of disk space:
* emfcompare 102 GB
* ice 403 GB
* packaging 485 GB
* kitalpha 191 GB
* papyrus 472 GB
* platform 206 GB
Unfortunately I have to urge the corresponding projects to clean up
their HIPP instances and configure their jobs to use the "Discard Old
There are two parameters that should be set to reasonable values:
* Max # of builds to keep
* Max # of builds to keep with artifacts
HIPP instances are not supposed to act as build artifact archive, so
keeping more than 5 or 10 builds with artifacts of a few hundred MBs or
even GBs is a bad practice.
If your console log is verbose, keeping a lot builds (even without
artifact) can also require a lot of disk space.
A recommended default is to keep 10 builds, and (depending on the size
of artifacts) 5 builds with artifacts.
Please note: when you change those settings, old builds will only be
deleted once the next build is running.
Thanks for your cooperation.