Re: [cdt-dev] Need guidance/comments on package (re-)naming

Hi Martin,

I think it is great you are trying to separate it. To answer your original first question, no there are no conventions in CDT that I know of. Historically all the code is in one (or a few) big bundle and separated somewhat into internal and non-internal packages. This is true of JDT and Eclipse Platform too where we inherit a lot of CDT original design from. The current code is more split by feature than by programmers purpose.

participant is a good name for something that participates in the operation via extension point, e.g. some classes in Eclipse Platform (like IDocumentSetupParticipant) use that as part of their name. javadoc starts like this for IDocumentSetupParticipant

 * Participates in the setup of a text file buffer document.
 * <p>
 * This interface is the expected interface for extensions provided for the
 * <code>"org.eclipse.core.filebuffers.documentSetup"</code> extension point.

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham