[cdt-dev] How to uninstall a single plugin from Linux Tools

Hi Guys,

I have a Eclipse Luna question...

I have a fresh Eclipse Luna C++ installation for 64-bit Linux.

How can I uninstall an individual plugin/feature, for example gprof support?

I cannot use the "standard" way in the Eclipse GUI, because in the "Installed Software" tab, all the installed features are listed under:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
+- EPP CPP Feature
    +- bla feature
    +- bla feature
    +- GProf Integration
    +- bla feature
    +- bla feature
and when I select a feature, the "Uninstall" button is grayed out.

I have also tried using the following without result:
eclipse -clean -noSplash -vm <path_to_java_1.8> -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -u "org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof.feature.feature.group"
eclipse -clean -noSplash -vm <path_to_java_1.8> -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application -profile epp.package.cpp

I do not get any error executing the above commands, but nothing happens, the plugins/features are still there.

Even worse, now the gprof feature is listed as a separate feature in "Installed Software" tab which allows "Uninstall" button.
But if I do that, it says that other stuff depends on this feature and can only be partially uninstalled.
I am almost positive that no other plugin or feature depends on it.
There must be something else going wrong which I do not understand.

Unfortunately at this particular moment, there is no possibility to move to a newer version of Eclipse.

I would really appreciate any help or hints what I could do.

Thanks,
Velimir

Back to the top