[cdt-dev] Removing 3 non-deprecated APIs to simplifying extending the debugger

Hi,

I'm trying to make extending the debugger easier in
http://eclip.se/488909  Having a different GdbDebugServicesFactory for non-stop complicates extensibility

Instead of deprecating the following APIs, I'd like to immediately remove them.  I believe keeping them un-used, will cause confusion in extenders and increase the chance of errors.  I believe adapting to the new API is simple and an example is provided in GdbExtendedLaunchDelegate (in o.e.cdt.examples.dsf.gdb).

I plan to make the removal for M6 and leave the door open to putting them back in M7 if people mention it is a problem for them.  This is assuming no other issue with the proposed patch: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/64719/

1- Remove constructor GdbDebugServicesFactory.GdbDebugServicesFactory(String)
replaced by GdbDebugServicesFactory.GdbDebugServicesFactory(String, ILaunchConfiguration)

2- Remove constructor GdbJtagDebugServicesFactory.GdbJtagDebugServicesFactory(String)
replaced by GdbJtagDebugServicesFactory.GdbJtagDebugServicesFactory(String, ILaunchConfiguration)

3- Remove class GdbDebugServicesFactoryNS
merged into class GdbDebugServicesFactory

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top