Re: [cdt-dev] [dsf-gdb] ExprMetaGetVarInfo

On 10/31/2014 07:44 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:

So this design:
- introduces a new bag-of-data class, adding complexity
- prevents one MI component, MIExpressions, from accessing additional
data from MIVariableObject,
     also MI component

Would it be sensible to eventually eliminate ExprMetaGetVarInfo (and
possibly related classes)?

If they can be replaced by something better.  I'm not clear what you
suggest doing to replace them.

I suggest to use MIVariableObject directly, or make ExprMetaGetVarInfo
have no fields other than instance of MIVariableObject.

Could be nicer, especially since MIVariableObject is a public class.
However, when looking at calls to the constructor of ExprMetaGetVarInfo,
not all parameters seem to be taken from an MIVariableObject; but
maybe you'll be able work around that?

I've pushed a patch to Gerrit that does something like that:

	https://git.eclipse.org/r/41198

That's cleaned up version of what we use internally, and is somewhat conservative for now.
I could make ExprMetaGetVarInfo have no data fields, as suggested above, but I'm not sure
we can remove constructors - that seems like API.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded

Back to the top