[cdt-dev] binary parser

Hi list,

I am new to c programing and eclipse. I have installed fedora eclipse
3.2.0 on Fedora 7. I have visited the eclipse.org website and found a
very fancy getting started guide ..... for windoze users. Why not for
linux users? After all it is called Fedora Eclipse and not Vista Eclipse

Upset..

I found a few references after a day of struggling and searching to get
my hello world program working but got nowhere.

- I created a standard c/c++ project and a makefile.
        - I build & link my project.
        - I select Debug... or Run... and create a new "C/C++ Local
        Application" Configuration.
        - In the tab Main I select my project, but I can not select my
        executable. I does not show up hen I press "Search project", and
        when I select it with "Browse", it gives the error message
        "Program is not a recognized executable".

        I am able to run it just fine from the command prompt...

        Should I define an environment variable (which?where?) to tell
        Eclipse where the binaries go to?

Eclipse uses `Binary Parsers` to detect binary files.
I choose the correct parser at Project->Properties->C/C++ Make
Project->Binary Parser

I selected the binary parser for linux Elf parser.

My problem:
I cannot select a binary even after selecting the binary parser.

Please help!

Kind regards
Gert Horne

Back to the top