Re: [cbi-dev] How to tag my repo from a shell script on CI?

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:14 PM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to improve the promotion scripts in a few projects I deal with so they include tagging of the repo when promoting from snapshots to release.
I tried a few things and couldn't find a working solution, always facing some permission denied or some variation. Is it even possible? If so, can someone please describe:
1. How to push tag to git.eclipse.org to git.eclipse.org/Gerrit repo?

Eclipse Platform handles this as jenkins job. Look for "Tag Build Inputs" in  https://ci-staging.eclipse.org/releng/job/I-build-4.17/configure .

2. How to push tag to GitHub repo?

If someone feels like adding the answer to https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jenkins and then sending a link back, that'd be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.