Re: [cbi-dev] keyple - Git submodule

Hi

Diverse lifecycles seems to justify multiple GIT branches / tags not repos. I would very strongly caution against splitting a GIT repository for anything other than the most pressing and demonstrably justified purpose.

Xtext is an example of a project that split up. AFAIAA this has not been helpful. It certainly has not helped me because as an occasional user of the original one Xtext GIT repo, my GIT connection was broken and I am not motivated enough to discover how to use all the changed repos. The split therefore made it much harder for at least one user to contribute fixes.

Regards

Ed Willink