Re: [cbi-dev] Are TCP/IP ports shared between JIPP instances

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for asking. Yes, ports are shared between some JIPP instances as they are colocated on a handful of machines.

As you sense it, the port may be available or unavailable. Your best bet is to randomize this port, and to have a retry-loop until you find a free one.

We are working on some changes on our infra to better isolate the JIPPs from each other, but this is not something very short term.

Cheers,

--
Mikaël Barbero - Eclipse Foundation
IT Services - Release Engineering