Re: [cbi-dev] Issue with b3 aggregator

Tommy Petty,

The aggregator does work with old "site.xml" sites (the same way p2 does). I suspect there is one p2 plugin missing from your "headless" product that does that "legacy work", but I am not sure which one right off.

I have create a new version of the headless product, though, based on Mars.2 and I tested it on the site you named, and it seemed to work ok (in my simple test).  Perhaps you could give it a try, or if you are "stuck" on the Luna version for whatever reason you can compare the plugins included in the new version and see what is different from the old version and then use p2 director to install the missing bundle.

The Mars.2 version of the headless aggregator can be seen at
http://download.eclipse.org/cbi/updates/aggregator/headless/4.5/I20161031-0537/

That site is also a p2 repository site for the headless product, but if you expand to look at "directory contents", you will see the three pre-built products I produce in our new build. I tested with the Linux version.

headless_I20161031-0537_linux.gtk.x86_64.tar.gz
headless_I20161031-0537_macosx.cocoa.x86_64.tar.gz
headless_I20161031-0537_win32.win32.x86_64.zip

HTH

P.S. I hope my reply didn't take too long to be useful! Things have been rather hectic. :)

Interesting, but why does it work running as an eclipse application?
I have installed Xvfb. I haven't tried Xvnc. One issue I have is that the OS on my linux box running Jenkins has an old version of GTK+ and so it doesn't work when running Eclipse Mars. This is something I can address, but raises an issue. When running the aggregator in this method and it encounters an error, it will show an error dialog that is waiting for the user to click 'ok'. In a Jenkins job running a simulated X environment, there is no way to click Ok and the job will just hang.

Is there any way to get it work in a completely headless manner without the need for X?

Tommy