Re: [cbi-dev] Best practices for setting p2.mirrorsURL? (long)

> Does anyone has put together such a tool (using shell scripts,
> maven-antrun-plugin, whatever)? If so, I would love to hear about this
> (and other Eclipse projects probably as well), as using p2.mirrorsURL is
> something we all should do, but which is currently more painful than it
> should be.

For linuxtools, we use maven-antrun-plugin and the xslt file [1] called
through the xslt ant task to add things like p2.mirrorsURL and p2.statsURI to
the artifact file. The approach comes originally from what I saw being done
in the Mylyn project's releng build promotion.

If you wanted some standalone script independent of maven runtime, and ant,
it should be possible with just bash scripting and usage of 'xsltproc' (from
libxslt). Actually, in the process of writing this I took a quick look at the
original place where the releng scripts are stored and this is exactly the
approach that's taken [2].

I think it would be great if we had a recommended way for this to be done
although to be honest I haven't really looked too much into this after I got
it working on linuxtools.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg