Re: [cbi-dev] Writing to my downloads area

It seems I have access to sftp://download.locationtech.orgÂusing my eclipse credentials, which is good. Where shall I place my release artifacts? Unlike the Eclipse downloads server, I don't see a symlink in my home folder.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/02/2016 01:29 PM, david.w.smiley@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there a problem with me directly SCP/SFTP'ing the file into place?

Not really ... But I'm curious about the workflow.

Hudson artifact -> download from http to local laptop -> sftp to
download.locationtech.org ?

> It wouldn't be automated like your suggested path but then again
> releases are infrequent. And there's some stuff to learn in automating
> it... like how might the shell script get a variable referring to the
> branch being built.

I believe the Parameterized Build plugin can be used for that:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parameterized+Build

> And then there's moving the former release into the
> archive.eclipse.org <http://archive.eclipse.org> space; easy to do by
> hand but not sure about automating.

You're on LocationTech, so we don't have an archive space. Yet. But it
took about 10 years for Eclipse to grow to a point where one was needed,
so let's not worry about that now.

> If the Hudson Job were to do it, I assume this might be
> possible/recommended to do with an "Execute shell" build step following
> the maven invocation?

That's one way. I believe there are also promotion plugins that can be
used, and I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on that.

Denis