Re: [cbi-dev] Procedure to deploy to download.eclipse.org

Hi,

>> Maybe that gives you a better start. We could also think of
>> contributing them to CBI, but I am not sure how „generic“ our project
>> deployment really is.
>
> We're open to ideas and will welcome any contribution that can be made
> generic enough for many projects to use.

FWIW, here's Code Recommenders' promotion script [1]. Based on that, I
think it will be hard to standardize on more than

  FROM=${HUDSON_HOME}/jobs/${PROMOTED_JOB_NAME}/configurations/

and

  TO=/home/data/httpd/

In particular, the paths below $FROM vary widely based on project
structure. Below $TO I think at least one level is fixed by convention,
but below that all bets are of.

That being said, I once toyed with the idea to deploy our promotion
script to repo.eclipse.org, so that our incubator projects (which
virtually use the same scripts) can re-use them using exec:exec Maven
goal, but unfortunately exec:exec doesn't search for the executable in
its dependencies (unlike exec:java).

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]