Re: [cbi-dev] Procedure to deploy to download.eclipse.org

Hi,

On 10/26/2015 06:38 PM, LE FEVRE FRANCOIS wrote:
Could you give advice / best pratices to deploy directly from the HIPP instance to the download area?

Is there any maven plugin? With a dedicated profile ?

I usually add a "Shell" step after the Maven one that takes care of copying the bits to the download area. The root of the download area in mounted in /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/ .

See for example, in https://hudson.eclipse.org/swtbot/job/swtbot-tycho/
   # Clean previous
   rm -rf  /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots/*
   # Publish
   cp -r org.eclipse.swtbot.updatesite/target/repository/* /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots/
   cd /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots/
   zip -r repository.zip

I know some other have implemented similar steps in a Maven profile hooked on the deploy phase and run "mvn deploy". I don't know if one is really better than the other.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat