Re: [cbi-dev] Ideas for CBI git repositories

If no one is against the idea, I will then merge the two repositories into one tomorrow.

Thanks.
Mikael

Le 11 juin 2015 à 11:15, Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikael Barbero" <mikael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Common-build Developers discussion" <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 11 June, 2015 11:48:59 AM
Subject: [cbi-dev] Ideas for CBI git repositories

Dear CBI committers,

After the refactoring of the maven plugins and the implementation of signing
services as embedded Jetty servers I made, I end up with some dependencies
between the webservices to the "common" module of the
eclispe.cbi.maven.plugins repo. As such, I would like to create a "common"
git repo that will host a shared parent pom for signing services and maven
plugins and also host the "common" module. This way, we will be able to
easily publish new version of the common utilities.

Then, for consistencies concerns, I would like to rename the
"signing-service.git" repo to "org.eclipse.cbi.webservices.git" as it now
hosts DMG packaging service and as such more general that just "signing".

Another solution would be to merge the two repos to a "org.eclipse.cbi.git"
with two submodules: "maven-plugins" and "webservices". This solution would
even more simplify management of dependencies and deployment.

One repo sounds slightly better to me as I having a git repo for every 10 classes is a bit too much of an overhead for my taste.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Denis, Alexander, as project leads, would you agree with that? Other
committers, any opinion?

Thanks
Mikael

PS: of course, I won't change the coordinates of the maven plugins so these
changes won't break anyone but the committers who would need to clone new
repos.