Re: [cbi-dev] SWT/Launcher/Other natives build

**bold** Eclipse future *is* the full build from the source tree. **bold**

I can't agree more

I also think that the time of prebuild binaries in git repos is gone and we have to move ahead.

Yes, but one step at a time is, IMHO, the best way to go. It is especially true about native launcher. A lot of build processes are based (correct me if I'm wrong) on the fact that these binaries are in a git repo. So the first step is to move the build of these binaries from IBM's servers to EF's servers. Then, we can think about how the platform builds can be enhanced to not consume the binaries from the git repo but from a (maven/p2/anything suitable) repository where the launcher binaries are published.

There is still the issue about platforms that can't be build today on the EF's infra (I am thinking of ppc, s390, aix, hpux, etc...). I am still wondering how to handle these builds. Having all of these platforms managed by the EF does not make a lot of sense if their usages are scarse. But I understand that this is still a requirement for some people.

See my other mail about starting the swt natives build in cbi hudson. Not a full build (yet!) but it would give us faster feedback while setting up builders.

I will have a look at the job shortly. I am really interested in knowing how to build all the SWT stuff, on every platforms ;)

Mikael

Back to the top