Re: [cbi-dev] Building 3.8 stream

Hi Andrey,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info.

Should I create a bug or what should be the outcome of this finding?

Could you open a bug against CBI prototype to include what is needed to make sure that property is there?

There's also the question of why 3.5 is being pulled in ... in the 3.8/4.2 build we end up with lucene 2.9.1

Once we've confirmed what works, we'll probably need another bug to push it to the public repo, as we should switch to eclipsebuilder for product files:

Bug 376586 - migrate repo and product poms to eclipsebuilder

I expected that the build should generate something at least "very similar" to the "standard" 3.8 package content? Or let say it differently: why the "custom 3.8" build is including plugins not included in the classic Eclipse build? Is it using a different source mapping/scope? Is there any written definition *what* should be in the "custom 3.8/4.2" CBI builds?

The why might be related to what's available in the various repos when the system is built, we'll have to track down each difference and determine what's going on.

AFAIK, the final goal for the platform CBI build is to be able to produce:

1) the SDK zips for all the platforms

2) the Eclipse p2 repo ( .../eclipse/updates/3.8 .../eclipse/updates/4.2 )

3) build the natives as part of the build

4) the Platform Runtime zips for all the platforms

5) the swt importable projects (call out from ant to build these)

The focus so far as been 1, 2, and 3.  How close it is to the goal is by comparing the release artifacts with what we can build.

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster