Re: [cbi-dev] More on ... Orbit, maven.eclipse.org, etc.

David,

Unless I'm mistaken, Nexus is open source and version 2.0 is licensed under the GPL. You're likely thinking of Nexus pro.

I noticed when perusing maven.eclipse.org that it was the earlier version of (the open source version of) nexus. This version was licensed under the GPL.

Andrew

On 18 February 2012 14:42, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nexus is maven.eclipse.org.

Andrew, I think, then, your chart at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI/Distribution
should say "maven.eclipse.org" instead of "Nexus".

Nexus is a brand name, of one particular (proposed) way to implement
"maven.eclipse.org. Eclipse is proud of being vendor neutral, and while we
(Eclipse) might have some license to use some subset of the full Nexus
product on some part of our (Eclipse) infrastructure, to me it still comes
across as "free advertising" ... that I think Eclipse tries to avoid in
such situations.

CC'ing Wayne and Mike as they are the experts in this area and they can
correct me if I am wrong (which, would not be the first time :)

Thanks,