Re: [cbi-dev] Orbit, maven.eclipse.org, etc.

Thanks for the quick feedback and correction Kim. I removed that concern. I saw the zip, but wasn't sure if people were pulling it or accessing the bundles inside directly off a URL.

On 02/17/2012 10:53 AM, Kim Moir wrote:
Andrew,

I'm confused by your statement "
Orbit provides this software as a zip file containing bundles for all software. This would be better if it were componentized so that just what is needed can be consumed. "

Orbit provides p2 repos full of nice bundle components :-)

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20120119162704/orbitBundles-R20120119162704.p2.map

We don't download the zip, we just consume the bundles we need and have been approved to consume from the Orbit repos.

Kim

From:        Andrew Ross <andrew.ross@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Common-build Developers discussion <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        02/17/2012 09:40 AM
Subject:        [cbi-dev] Orbit, maven.eclipse.org, etc.
Sent by:        cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share some thoughts around Orbit, maven.eclipse.org, etc. as
I feel it is very important, a deceptively big problem at the moment,
and I don't think I articulated my thoughts well up to this point. This
wiki page attempts to do so:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI/Distribution

I'd like to discuss this as part of the agenda at next week's CBI
meeting. I'm sure the information on the wiki could use more details for
completeness/correctness, so please help make it so in what ever way is
most convenient for you such as editing the wiki, replying to this list,
calling me, etc.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

Back to the top