Re: [cbi-dev] LTS-ready

It's a wiki... Add it. :-)

Wayne

On 02/10/2012 09:56 AM, Krzysztof Daniel wrote:
Two more things could be added to the wiki
http://wiki.eclipse.org/LTS/LTS_Ready:

(1) Each build should have a publicly accessible documentation section
stating exactly which bugs were fixed. This is somewhat covered by the
documentation and bug tracking, but I think this deserves separate
statement.

(2) A build should not depend on any proprietary solution. This is
pretty important as maintenance builds will be probably used for
services delivery, and proprietary build solutions can make repeating a
build difficult. Of course, in some situations this is unavoidable (you
will not be able to build Eclipse for MacOS on Windows), but I cannot
think of any other exception.

Wayne Beaton
The Eclipse Foundation
Twitter: @waynebeaton