[cbi-dev] Fw: finalPluginsVersions.properties

This email is from yesterday, my mailing list subscription was not working and I had to change the email address I use for this this list.

Sorry for the delay :-)

Kim

----- Forwarded by Kim Moir/Ottawa/IBM on 01/06/2012 08:59 AM -----

From:        Kim Moir/Ottawa/IBM
To:        Common-build Developers discussion <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/05/2012 01:36 PM
Subject:        Re: [cbi-dev] finalPluginsVersions.properties

Correct,  it includes all the versions for the bundles, test bundles, and source bundles included in the build, not just the SDK.

Kim

From:        Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Common-build Developers discussion <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/05/2012 01:16 PM
Sent by:        cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone on this list know how finalPluginsVersions.properties gets
created and if it is actually needed to run SDK automated junit tests?

At least for 3.8M4, the file seem to have too many entries, ~1200, while
there is only ~400 plugins in the SDK. Is this expected/desired?

In my 4.2 SDK I have 988 entries, of which 540 are real bundles and the rest are source bundles.

I see that file is imported by the eclipse.platform.releng/bundles/org.eclipse.test/library.xml file.  I thought that it was used to fill in plugin versions when those plugins needed to be used in both the o.e.test plugin as well as the automated test.xml script when making the calls like "<antcall target="debug" />", but I'm not sure.

It might be that has changed now, but Kim Moir would know.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR