Re: [cbi-dev] Some feedback on the build prototype

On 11-12-23 2:00 PM, Paul Webster wrote:
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Let me try to rephrase the requirements in my own words to make sure I
    understand them properly

    * In 3.8 and 4.2, for each git repository, same git commit is used to
    build all projects from that repository

I found one notable exception to this rule. 4.2 SDK uses
bundles/features coming from two different branches of eclipse.platform
git repository. From what I can tell, eclipse.platform contains three
unrelated pieces of functionality, i.e. ant, update and platform. I was
able to workaround this by using two separate clones, one for ant&update
build and one for platform, but this will likely cause problems going
forward. I think this git repository should be split in three.

    * By default, bundle and feature version qualifier changes only if
    bundle/feature contents changes, but there should be a way to manually
    override version qualifier.

    * Rebuilding historical source tree version should produce the same
    version qualifier as the original build (same requirement as above,
    really)

    * Different projects use different version qualifier formats.

    Did I miss anything?

No, sounds right.

We're hoping to move most (but not all) of the repos to the same version
qualifier format going forward.

Later,
PW

--