Re: [cbi-dev] Update for Dec. 20

Hi Igor,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul,

How long does it usually take to execute the tests on reasonably recent
hardware? (its under 5 years old, practically new! :-) )

Depends on how many of the tests you run.  On 4.2 we run a subset of the real tests, as defined in the sdk target in http://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.e4.releng.git/tree/org.eclipse.e4.builder/builder/general/tests/test.xml

That takes about 1 hour on build.eclipse.org.

How do I tell if the tests have passed or failed? How do I interpret
test output in general?

Our tests are JUnit tests.  ./runtests in the testing directory will generate the standard junit results/{html,<platform>,xml} output directories.  See the 3.8 M4 results below, and the current state of the 4.2 results can be seen on http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.2M4-201112092100/results/testResults.html

Is the output of the test execution for 3.8M4 build available for download?

In general, the test results are captured on the build page: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.8M4-201112091447/testResults.php

The results/* directory was copied into the drop location.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster