[cbi-dev] CBI work, relation to dash-dev and Minerva

Hi all,

1) how is our task/goal here related to what they're doing in dash-dev?  I see that the Dash project has been working on a number of maven [1] related build [2] support tools.  The already have a git repo at  git.eclipse.org/gitroot/dash/org.eclipse.dash.maven.git with an default eclipse parent  pom and an eclipse-signing-maven-plugin  There's also http://wiki.eclipse.org/Minerva which is mentioned on the dash-dev list, but I'm not sure if some or all of it has moved to the dash git repo.

2) Has CBI decided on a way to expose Igor's work on building on the eclipse hardware?

3) Is this something that will interact with the maven.eclipse.org instance to share p2 repos as they are built?

4) just a general comment.  As we've seen recently, sharing and/or promoting repos as part of the builds when Hudson is involved is quite convoluted/error prone.  But building a number of repos and sharing them either within one build or between multiple build jobs is a requirement (even now, and probably more important if we do get to break up the main Eclipse SDK build into smaller builds).   Should we be able to recommend a best practice for this on the Eclipse Foundation hardware?

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dash-dev/msg01170.html
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dash-dev/msg01191.html

--
Paul Webster