Re: [aspectj-users] can't find type org.aspectj.lang.annotation.Before

It seems to me that we should be doing some version checking here and
throwing meaningful exceptions or issuing errors when there is a
compatibility problem. We now have 3 JARs (rt, weaver and tools) all of
which can be at different locations on the classpath. Users often package
aspectjrt.jar with their applications. We already have
org.aspectj.bridge.Version which can be used for the compiler (tools) but
we also need org.aspectj.lang.Version (rt) and org.aspectj.weaver.Version
(weaver). So when we instantiate the weaving adaptor we can check the
run-time version.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Alexandre Vasseur <avasseur@xxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 18/08/2005 11:35:23

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx