Re: [aspectj-dev] -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=META-INF\aop.xml not working in unix / linux

If you are finding that -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=META-INF/aop.xml  is not working, that suggests classloader delegation/lookup isn’t behaving the same for you on linux as on Windows (or that your packaging process for your apps isn’t the same…). This all kind of points to the same thing if your aspects can’t be found either.

Are you packing your aspect jar into your application jars or trying to reuse them as some common library? If class loader delegation is trying to be too clever then I can only imagine you can solve it by packaging the aspects alongside the app.  There is nothing especially ‘clever’ about aspects, do you find you have the same problem with general references from application code to shared library code? The model for packaging aspect jars could/should follow the same model as shared libraries on JBoss.

cheers,
Andy