Re: [aspectj-dev] Testing AspectJ against JDK 8 EA builds

Hi Rory,

I'm the project lead for AspectJ - I have been running the AspectJ test suite against one or two Java8 builds. I think the last time I did it was around b97, which I know was before the proper freeze.  I am also a developer on the Eclipse Java8 JDT compiler. AspectJ is an extension to the Eclipse Java8 compiler so in many ways if the Eclipse compiler is behaving ok then AspectJ will behave OK. There *could* be issues with the AspectJ weaving process producing bytecode that a Java8 VM cannot correctly verify but so far I've had no issues come in that I would put down to Java8.

I expect to be doing another round of testing in a month or so when I upgrade AspectJ to a more recent version of the Eclipse compiler in preparation for Java 8 releasing.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have to test other versions in the interim.

cheers,
Andy