Re: [aspectj-dev] Building AspectJ on a Mac

The instructions around this space are rather inadequate.... sorry about that.

I don't believe it will build clean on 1.7 because there are some javadoc errors that come out and I've not had cycles to fix them - I didn't think it manifested quite as you've shown though. So I still build with java6. I don't use the javaXX.home settings in that file. I just ensure the build.X properties are set correctly in there and run a simple 'ant'. The JVM selection is currently made by what compiler you use to launch 'ant' so I just ensure I am using 1.6 before I launch.

I'd gladly take pull requests to improve all this... (the documentation of how to do it if nothing else...)

cheers,
Andy