[andmore-dev] Fwd: Re: Bug 525493 - Projects containing aar libraries currently fail with robolectric 3.2.1

Forgot to reply to the mailing list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [andmore-dev] Bug 525493 - Projects containing aar libraries currently fail with robolectric 3.2.1
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:29:44 -0400
From: Carver, David <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jonathan Gerrish <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey Jonathan, thanks for touching base.   I'm actually not to sure, but I would say at one point it was the go to method with the m2e-android plugin.   I know that several places probably still use maven as their main piece, especially if using Eclipse.

Long term, I'd love to get better gradle support, using the buildship project and Andmore, but as most of the committers here are volunteers and we try to keep it going the best we can in our spare time.   Your best bet would be to reach out to the maintainers, of the android-maven-plugin.  They might have more concrete numbers.   I know the m2e-android plugin currently isn't being maintained unfortunately.

https://github.com/simpligility/android-maven-plugin

Please do keep us in the loop on what you find out.

Glad to hear that Robolectric is moving away from the resource emulation, that was always one of the slower and resource intensive parts for the framework.

Dave