[andmore-dev] Bug 525493 - Projects containing aar libraries currently fail with robolectric 3.2.1

Dave and Matthew

I have found pull request "Update embedded Android SDK to 24.4.1 #113" (https://github.com/eclipse/andmore/pull/113) and see it includes embedded jar files from the Android SDK.
From the PR conversion I see Matthew state:

"I originally used the SDK tools to download them, I've now double checked that the Windows download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#Other ( http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows.zip ) does match the files downloaded."

I now understand Dave's comment about Google poorly tagging "what version of the source matches to what they distribute".
I have been using the maven-dependency-plugin "copy" goal to fetch the dependency jars and follow the POM dependency tree to work out what jars are required.
That is why I ran into trouble over the SWT-specific jars like ddmuilib.jar as I could not find them in any online Maven repository.

The Android Tools versions I am applying are taken from the android-maven-plugin: android.builder.version=2.3.0 and android.tools.version=25.3.0

As first priority, I will complete tracking down all dependencies for above versions and compile them into a spreadsheet so the legal processes can start.
I will then research the new manifest merge design with AndroidBuilder. Once I have grasped that, I can then begin to get an idea of the scope of work to be undertaken.

Andrew

From: andmore-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:andmore-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Carver
Sent: Tuesday, 10 October 2017 11:41 PM
To: andmore developer discussions
Subject: Re: [andmore-dev] andmore-dev Digest, Vol 26, Issue 2

Andrew and the Matthew if you two can work together to get a Pull Request up, I can start the CQ process to get the latest versions of the SDK approved.  I will need best guesses to the source code since, Google does a poor job of making sure to tag what version of the source matches to what they distribute.

Thanks for taking the time to get things working.

Dave

Back to the top