Re: [andmore-dev] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] State intent early (M4)

​Hi Doug,

I am just a bystander, but I feel your gloom.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(sorry to be so gloomy, but been thinking this for quite a while and am working on ways to revitalize our tools ecosystem, even potentially reboot it).

​If you meant the web tools (such as bug tracking, repositories, etc), then a +1000 from me. The bugzilla based system is rather boring (formal and detailed).

Secondly, each eclipse sub-project seems to have its own theme for it's project page. The site as a whole (and hence the community) looks dispersed, making it harder for contributors to jump in.

I think Eclipse.org should used something like "GitBucket" or "Gitlab" that brings an integrated interface to "issues" and "code repositories" to all projects.

A unified interface​ would not only help get more contributors in, but could also help cross-pollinate existing contributors from different sub-projects.

On a different note, I think there needs to be some participation by Eclipse project maintainers in online social media such as reddit. Even a major new Eclipse release gets hardly any comments or upvotes on /r/eclipse !

Sorry if this was a rambling and perhaps off-topic post.

​best,​