[4diac-dev] 回复: 回复: Foundation Code and Issue services reminder

Hi, everyone

Please allow me share some numbers and links

First, a letter from Denis Roy.
https://blogs.eclipse.org/post/denis-roy/moving-eclipse-projects-github-and-gitlab
We can see the initiatives for eclipse projects to move from Denis is to adapt to the young developers.

Second, there are already 219 projects(Eclipse Titan contributed 143) transferred to GitLab (https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse?page=1). As there is no total project number and developers from webpage so I counted by myself. At the same time, there are 459 repos under eclipse org in GitHub(https://github.com/eclipse).

Third, let's see the popular projects on both github and gitlab. In github, the most popular project of Eclipse(https://github.com/eclipse/deeplearning4j) already get 12.4K and 4.9k forks. While in gitlab (you can see the project with most stars in mobile webpage), the most popular project of Eclipse(Eclipse Foundation /Help desk) get 12 stars.

My thinking is that:
* we move to the platform not because it is easier to move
* we move to the platform because the platform is the most popular one in the foreseeable future so that we open the door kindly to more and more new developers.

My 2 cents on the point. 😊

Regards
Tibalt