Re: [4diac-dev] Monitoring and Deployment

Dear Mr. Zoitl,

sounds good!
The monitor can run on a own port, the watch should shut down after remove the resource.

Am 20.06.2018 um 23:09 schrieb Alois Zoitl:
On my way of thinking for improving deployment for 1.10 a key point is
also how deployment and monitoring are interacting. I guess most of you
already stumbled across that both are conflicting with each other. One
of the main reasons is that monitoring uses a completely seperate
communication infrastructure and both don’t know of each other. They
are even part of two different features

When monitoring was originally introduced this helped to reduce
dependencies but now I think it is really restricting us.

Therefore I would like to propose that we rework the deployment
communication infrastructure such that it can also be used by
monitoring.

For that as starting point I propose to move the monitoring plugins
into the deployment feature and remove the monitoring feature. This has
the great advantage that both parts can better interact and in a later
stage we can detect for deployment that monitoring is enabled and
disable it. Maybe even automatically enable it after deployment.

However es this may introduce conflicting dependencies for users and
add ons I wanted to check if there are any objections to remove the
monitoring feature and add the monitoring plugins to the deployment
feature?

Cheers,
Alois