[4diac-dev] Suggestion: Generate Application on System Creation

Hi,

during my tests for the upcoming 1.9.0 and some Demos I did over the last months I noticed that every time that I create a new system the first step is to create an application. Recently I had the idea why not always automatically create a fist application when a system is created and open the application editor for this system. This would reduce the initial effort especially for novice users and also drive the user more towards the IEC 61499 way of application first engineering.

The default name for such an application could be "systemname_App" or Application1. Whatever you prefer. What do you think about this, is it the right way to go?

Would power users also appreciate this feature, or should we have something in the advanced section of the system creation wizard allowing more customization of such an automatic application generation?

Cheers,
Alois

Back to the top